Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My New Brew "Banana Pineapple Mexican Cerveza"


After letting my Beer ferment for about a week, I found myself nervous to bottle this one up, I knew that there were two things that were going to either happen, A: This beer is going to be a wreck or B: it was going to be something wonderful. Luckily it landed on B. After I bottled it up and let it carbonate I went ahead and cracked one bottle after three days of carbonating; for taste test purposes to see how much longer it needed to go. When I took the first sip, I was in Heaven and I knew that I had made something special, having used a whole banana and a whole can of pineapple in the beer which I blended up into a liquid state, and threw it in with the batch that was already going on the stove top, brought it up to about to 165 F. and let it cook for about 30 min. I knew initially that I was taking a risk using a whole banana in the batch. I was afraid that the taste of the banana and pineapple was going to be over powering but in the end it ended up being the perfect mix of flavors. It hit my tongue and I was shocked to taste how easy and smooth it was; and the color of this Cerveza was pointed out by my good friend David as looking much like a Blue Moon beer which made me happy to hear. The after taste of this beer leaves a hint of Banana and Pineapple dancing around on your taste buds, and it is safe to say that I have made a beer that the "Beer Gods" would smile down on me. Chances are that I will most likely give my beer about another week to carbonate, before I crack another one open, but I couldn't help cracking one already. What can I say I'm a Beerthusiast. 

Anyway thanks for checking out my blog, and I hope that you visit again. Happy Drinking.







No comments: